Director of Recycle-A-Bicycle, Karen Overton has decided that it is time
to move on to new projects. Which means that Recycle-A-Bicycle is hiring
a new Executive Director. Please help us circulate the job description
far and wide.
Job Announcement: Executive Director, Recycle-a-Bicycle
Recycle-a-Bicycle (RAB) is an innovative youth training and
environmental education initiative that has taken root both in New York
City public schools and in respected after-school youth programs. The
organization is a model social business venture that combines
instruction in bicycle repair and small business management with
promotion of recycling and bicycling as a non-polluting means of urban
transportation. RAB operates successful bicycle shops specializing in
the sale of refurbished bicycles in the East Village and DUMBO,
Brooklyn, as well as a training/manufacturing center in Long Island
The executive director is responsible for:
* Setting the organization's strategic direction.
* Development activities to sustain operations and support growth.
* Financial management and oversight of senior staff (3 shop/project
managers and specialized positions like communications, book-keeper).
* Serving as the public face of the organization at community and
* Reporting to the organization's board of directors at quarterly
meetings and on an as-needed basis.
* Dedication to youth training & development
* Belief in the bicycle as a vehicle for youth training & environmental
* Experience managing a non-profit corporation
* Fundraising experience
* Bachelors degree
This is a unique opportunity for a professional interested in
integrating a social mission within a business environment.
Please send cover letter indicating salary range expectations and a
resume to: email@example.com
Only those candidates invited to interview will be notified. Thank you
for your time and interest in becoming a part of Recycle-a-Bicycle, Inc.