Friday, May 09, 2008

Confessions and corrections


Damn, raining all day and I can't replant my lawn or the begonias we bought at the Farmers market.

I wanted to make a few confessions and corrections.

1) Artist in LA who made Obama spoke cards is not a guy, it is a woman named Margaret Coble and she has a website where she sell prints and t-shirts.
artbymags.com

2) I am not a vegetarian. I was at one point but I went to work on the Anthony Bourdain show and the first thing he asked me in a Thai restaurant in LA was if I was one of them. Maybe he did some instant ponytail profiling. From then on I ate what was ever put in front of me so as not to offend any of our guests and feel the wrath of this outspoken host who I really wanted to like me...and therefore keep me on other shows. Now I kind of eat whatever, but I'm trying to get it back. I miss having food standards. I am also compassionate about animals, except for that foul beast who took my bike. I just don't like people assuming that because I write a bike blog that I am down with every cause under the sun. I especially don't like when political people criticize you for participating in one thing and not in another as if it is all mutually connected. Like when people bitch that all the "white people" should have taken the critical Mass over to Queens to protest the wrongful acquittal of those police who murdered Sean Bell. Its hard enough to get 10 people to even come to critical mass let alone hijack it to a protest they would normally not know about. I also don't like going to protests on specific issues like police brutality and their are a bunch of people trying to tell you to free Palestine and support the hospital for transvestite sex workers in Sri Lanka. One cause at a time please.

3) I mentioned in my posting that when my bike got stolen I ran immediately to Continuum Bike Shop. It was pointed out to me that it kind of made it sound like I was implicating them as some sort of chop shop or fence operations for stolen goods. The truth is Jeff and the crew at Continuum have made lots of progress to alert people that they will, under no circumstances accept any bikes or bike parts that they think are stolen. I just went their right away thinking they could help and wanted to see if the thief was dumb enough to go to the closest bike shop right away.

4) Since we're getting it all out in the open. I also own a car. Its not bio-diesel it doesn't run or Hemp powder. Its a Volkswagen Jetta given to us by our Aunts as a wedding present. So if you see me rollin around town in a red car...don't hate.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Myers said...

Jeff from Continuum retrieved my stolen bike! He is the nicest man ever. I love him dearly.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

OK - cool! What can I do to help you back to the veggie side of the force?

: )

You know you want to. One of the best motivators is to watch the film Earthlings. Google it, it's on youtube and all over.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home