Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Court date and Cyclist Killed.

Court Update from NYC.indymedia.

The jury trial of Marissa Day began at 9:30am on Tuesday July 12th in New York Criminal Court, 100 Centre Street room Jury Part 1 on the 5th floor.
Marissa, 20, was arrested for participating in a Critical Mass bicycle ride. She is charged with assault, resisting arrest and four other offenses. The prosecution is trying to make an example of Marissa by asking for a sentence of 60 DAYS JAIL if she agrees to plead guilty. Marissa maintains her complete innocence.

One contributor reports from the courtroom today: " A lot of this seems to mirror the recent trial of the Code Pink woman who got arrested inside the RNC. The charges accuse the defendant of 'flailing her arms' in dramatics to 'resist' arrest ... this scenario is usually shown to be simple fiction. I don't know why the DA keeps to this script!"

Let us not forget that the NYPD during RNC...

Made false arrests.
Made pre-emptive arrests.
Used helicopters to video tape people making out on rooftops.
Used edited video footage to try and convict people who were later proven to be innocent.
held people longer than 24 hours without arraignment in unsanitary conditions, blamed the delay on fingerprinting computer error in Albany that later turned out to be an illegal procedure.

Hmmm...

Meanwhile it looks as if another Cyclist has been killed.

This comes from the blog:

http://www.ephemeroi.com/unsleeping/arkv/003642.html


I was in Shore road, Bay Ridge in Brooklyn, NY about an hour ago and saw a dead cyclist on the road. I wasn't there when it happened but I overheard the eyewitness told the police that he was trying to pass a little kid who was going left and right, he confused and hit the fence that seperate the highway and the Shore road, his head smashed right into the fence, blood was coming out the whole lane. The ambulance guy said that if he had had the helmet, he'd probably still alive. His bike is Trek bike, from the look I guess it's about $1500-$2500 range, every was intact except the lower frame has little bent, I didn't ask how fast he was going. But I know for sure that he's much more pro cyclist than me.
God bless him, I feel so bad for him. I used to wear helmet all the time but stop wearing 2 weeks recently, but after seeing this accident, I better start to put it on again. So to all you guys out there, please wear the helmet, you will never know what will happen. I've ridden that Shore road a thousand times, it's dedicated bike and walking lane, so it's 100% safe more than any road out there, you just never know, so be careful.

His name was:

Keith Alexander

http://www.keithalexander.com/

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems Keith Alexander was not just "another cyclist". He was an accomplished musician, among other things. Some kind words about Keith are at:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2005/07/keith_alexander.html

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith was a friend and mentor to many. He will greatly be missed.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know Keith personally but I arrived at the scene of the accident the first sight a river of blood. Two strangers, John & Stephanie, cared for him, while waiting for the ambulance to arrive. We flagged down a police car, I found Keith's ID on his bike. His gear was tricked out but there was no helmet. I wondered why, how.

I ride and blade on shore road at least once a week and like anything you have to exercise caution but parents need to have better control over their children, make them aware of other people around them. It didn't have to end this way.

- Andrea

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was also a cruel and demeaning person. We all have to think about our karma.

Mom

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked w/ him personally in the web industry...this is huge loss. He was not cruel...had an amazing spirit, and inspired me w/ a lot.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People are at every waking moment looking for their 15mins of fame, to even post graphic details without giving a moments thought about a family member reading this is selfish! Sick!..i hope one day all you freaks dont pull up a blog and read about your loved one and feel first hand how cruel and indecent people are!..he was someone's son, brother, and a true love to a very special woman, besides being a kind, wonderful caring human being. He was beyond talented and an artist! I was very fortunate to have him in my life.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith may you be at peace, in heaven with God. I've only happy memories of you...your smile, your gentle way. Donna

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was out of town when this happened...and I am in shock...
I originally met Kieth in 1985 at the rock club L'amour in Brooklyn...seems like yesterday...I'm incredibly saddened at this news...my condolences to his family.

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was living in Vegas when this shit happened.
Keith and I used speak a lot at Tower books.
We met over our love of tattoos and body modifiations.
Wow, life goes by. I'm back in Brooklyn after 4 1/2 years and I was just web surfing trying to reconnect.
I thougt by now Keith was some awesome web design guru and I was gonna hit him up for a job connection. This is when I found out he was dead, Fuckin' weird

The guy was always cool to me.
I feel sad that someone so cool that I knew is gone.
Rest In Peace Brother.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith Alexander was a legend in the hardcore scene. His short career with the Brooklyn band Carnivore inspired and spawned more bands than can be counted. My heart goes out to his loved ones. He will be sorely missed.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he was a awesome musician, ive been a carnivore fan for 14 year.didn't get to see him ever play live with the band,my only show was after his death.
as with all deaths of metal warriors (or anyone for that matter)some just have to put them down,saying things that they wouldnt have had the balls to say to the person alive.one such moron posted here,but left it anonymously so more proof of a total lack of guts.

and i quote:
Anonymous said...

"He was also a cruel and demeaning person. We all have to think about our karma."

what a jerk.karma?shit i thought bringing that music to people would be inviting plenty of good karma.however i dont believe in that so whatever.go play in traffic you jack off

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home