Thursday, September 04, 2008

From the Tech dept.

From the technology corner, Dan Katz sent me two articles:

Say goodbye to bike chains and say hello to belt drives.
Article at

and from Wired, its the Gyro Bike.


Blogger JamiMaria said...

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to figure out a way to bike slowly with no hands and I think I have my answer. Now I just need for them to become available for purchase.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want the chick at the end of the GyroBike vid..

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Birdseye said...

Belt drives are novel, but I don't see them gaining wide adoption. They have a fixed size, so you can't easily change gearing on a single speed or fixed bike with out getting a new belt, as opposed to adding or removing links. I'm also pretty sure that they don't work work with existing derailleur technology.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home