Monday, June 02, 2008

Bike Blog making changes.

I've made some changes to Bike Blog so I apologize for being under construction right now. I am in the midst of experimenting with some new functionality with bike blog. I'd like to make it more of a site people can go to regularly with such features as, classifieds and a possible daily road report to alert people of changes in NYC road conditions. Just some ideas I've been kicking around.

So in the meantime, I managed to change the template and loose a bunch of information I had already started. Perhaps its time to switch over to wordpress.

I am constantly looking for help with this blog and technical expertise on webdesign, css and html. I am still quite a novice at all of this, so if web savvy people want to give me a shout, please let me know your out there.

I would love to discuss some ideas I have about taking this blog to the next level.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

move to wordpress. as of v2.5 it is killer. using the newish upgrade plugin makes keeping versions fresh a no-brainer.

would love to see regular commute road/conditions series. also would be cool to have a photo column with everyday street shots of all the sorts of bikers in the city, but with themes: people themes; bike-as-object style... something to promote the culture, acceptance of biking for everyday use.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

move to wordpress. as of v2.5 it is killer. using the newish upgrade plugin makes keeping versions fresh a no-brainer.

would love to see regular commute road/conditions series. also would be cool to have a photo column with everyday street shots of all the sorts of bikers in the city, but with themes: people themes; bike-as-object style... something to promote the culture, acceptance of biking for everyday use.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mike, I think making this a drop in site is a great idea, and one thing that will def be useful is the weather box there, with wind direction and speed. but I dont know crap about web stuff...

your favorite camera assistant, Moocow

2:48 PM  
Blogger Michael Green said...

Thanks for the help. I will make the transition to wordpress...as soon as I learn how to embed video and do all the same tricks.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mike, wp 2.5 is even easier to use than ever.

check out this screencast to see for yourself:
http://wordpress.org/development/2008/03/wordpress-25-rc2/

adding video is just the same as images, which is now natively supported (no more wonky 3rd party plugins). either add a link to a video or upload your own video file.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home