Olympic commitee comes to NYC
We all know the real sporting completion will be the 2005 World Messenger Championships this summer!! Tell the Olympic committee about how great New York treats cyclists.
the New York Press has the right idea and released 88 things the Olympic committee should know. My favorite, for obvious reasons...is Number 6.
Here are the top 10.
Olympics Go Home
J. R. Taylor
OLYMPICS GO HOME
88 things the International Olympic Committee should know about New York City before making a decision about 2012.
1. We already have an "Olympic Shooting Center" in the Bronx. It's called the Bronx.
2. When the Olympic Village isn't completed on time, we're going to overcharge you to sublet our shitty tenement one-bedroom.
3. They can hide the dirty homeless people from you while you're here visiting, but hiding them for two full weeks during the Games will be nigh on impossible.
4. We already gave the rest of America an excuse to become flag-waving idiots.
5. We've been confusing the Paralympics with the Special Olympics. We're actually applying to bring the latter here.
6. Better get a permit for all those velodrome events. The last time a bunch of bicyclists got together for a ride, the cops arrested them and took away their bikes.
7. Think Munich, writ large.
8. When "9/11" was brought up on every other page in the city's proposal, didn't that set off a few alarms?
9. Construction will displace huge colonies of majestic wharf rats. Ever seen our wharf rats?
10. It's going to cost a fortune to paint the black sprinters orange to keep the police from shooting them.